Monday, July 26, 2010

Short Chris Update

Chris went for physio-therapy these past two weeks.

He says it hurts when they push and pull, but it is alleviating pain somewhat. He faithfully does his exercises at home. That hurts too, but helps overall for pain. He still feels pain in his leg, but at least he could stand right through worship at church yesterday without having to sit down.

At his last therapy visit, the therapist tested strength in his legs and said he would need at least another two weeks of therapy.

One good thing has come from this as far as I am concerned: he does not try to do too much, although he has already started mowing the lawn again. At least, he has asked one of our friends to help with the painting of our entry hall. In fact, Chris did more supervision than painting, to my great joy. The greatest danger is that he overextends himself as his pain level subsides before he is completely healed.

He finds that the big recliner chair helps when he hurts, with the result that he sits downstairs with me more often, especially when he has computer work to do. The downside of this is that I can watch fewer cooking programs, because they bore him hugely. Ah well! I guess his company is better than that of Bobby Flay and Guy Fieri.
(For those who don't know, these two gentlemen are chefs who have cooking shows on FoodTV.)

Perhaps my obsession with cooking shows springs from the fact that I can eat such limited foods at this time. I enjoy watching other people make wonderful food, and I am learning all sorts of great skills by watching. When I am up and about in the kitchen again, watch me!

In the meantime, we thank the Lord for improvement in Chris' back pain.

1 comment:

Martha Kruger said...

Julle twee laat my nou dink aan "oupa en ouma sit op die stoep. Oupa....." Sorry, het die res vergeet!!!!
shame, ons is rerig jsmmer ne. Ek stem saam, wanneer hy begin beter voel, is juis die tyd wat hy versigtig moet wees. Maar julle is mooi slim.
Jy laat my dink aan tye wat ek lank gevas het. Dan sit ek in die nag en resepteboeke lees, maar ek het nie honger geraak nie. Was net gefassineerd met kos. En nie net die waarde wat dit vir jou liggaam het nie nie, maar die sosiale lekkerte om saam met mense wie jy liefhet,te kan eet. En ek bid dat jy binnekort weer dit alles sal beleef....met kos wat JY maak soos JY wil en waarvoor JY lus het. Onthou net, ek kom ook aansit vir ete. Ek gaan dit nie mis nie.